Monday, March 24, 2014

Inspirational

     He’s everywhere. He’s on your Pinterest(or your daughter’s Pinterest). He’s on movies, the television, the internet…just social media in general. This guy is currently, without a doubt, one of the most famous celebrities. No, seriously, there is a twitter account dedicated to his LAUGH. Yeah, I know.

His name is Thomas Hiddleston, AKA Loki of Asgard.
     
     Every girl, young and old, wants to have at least the chance to meet him face to face. And everyone has their own reasons why. He’s hot. He’s an amazing actor. He loves old books and poetry. He’s kind. He’s smart….did I mention he’s hot?
     
     
     But sadly, I am not here to talk about his looks and charm. Instead, I want to share something a little different than what you might hear about our dear Tom Hiddleston. Don’t worry. This, hopefully, isn’t going to be as boring as it sounds.
     
     Everyone saw him in Thor. He was the blue, whiner-butt, villain that not everyone was fond of, at first. Okay, maybe not everyone saw him that way in Thor, but I did. I didn't have any sort of attraction to him what.so.ever. I actually came out of the movie theater super disappointed, for I hadn’t enjoyed it at all.
     
     I thought that the movie itself was odd, and not to mention I didn’t like any of the characters. But I was glad that I had watched it, or else if I hadn’t of, I would have ended up like my mother; watching the Avengers and not having a clue where all of this “God of Thunder” and alien stuff was coming from.

Boy, I will never forget the long and tedious conversation that took place in our car, trying to explain to mom that she had missed a whole Marvel movie. An important Marvel movie, to be exact.
     
     Speaking of the the Avengers, that was where it all started. And come to think of it, I believe that that was where it had started for most of the earth’s population as well. Not even two weeks later, Tom had gone viral. Pictures of him were EVERYWHERE! I could not go anywhere on my Pinterest without seeing his face, or my Tumblr for that matter.

At first, I had absolutely no clue who the guy was, until, of course, I finally Wikipediaed him.
     
There I found that he was, in fact, Loki, from Thor. The first thought that crossed my mind was, “Why?” 

At that point in my life, I had absolutely no respect for the English (no thanks to my father), and I just didn’t really fancy him as a person. Sure, I could see some aspects in him that people would like, but I couldn’t see him as his title, “A Sex Symbol.”
     
     Wanting to know more about this guy, I scrolled down the Wikipedia page, and stopped once I saw what I was looking for; Filmography. I wanted to see just what kind of an actor Tom really was. Noticing that he had played in a lot of films, I knew that I would have my work cut out for me...and a lot of all-nighters.

Thor
War Horse
The Avengers
Wallander (A must see)
     
     After IMDBing them, all of these sounded pleasing to me. And once I had watched them all, some for the first time, I began to notice something. Something that was very important.

It wasn’t the attractiveness of Tom, of course some might only see him in that aspect, but it was his skill and passion for his occupation that caused people to love him.
     
     At one moment I saw him as a whinny, wimpy villain on a stupid movie, now I cannot help but see him as a motivated man with a passion for theatre. But as I sit down and write out my thoughts about this particular man, I begin to ponder on one specific question.

Is he saved?

Because even though he is an intelligent, charismatic, amiable man, what is the point of it all if he is just going to end up in Hell in the end?
     
     When fully running that question through my mind, I truly began to realize how much the world sucks. The thought of that man possibly suffering for eternity breaks my heart. While some girls desire to see him face to face before they die, I hope to see him in Heaven with me after I am already dead and gone.
    
     My only wish right now, at this moment, is that, if he is not saved, someone would minister to him. Tell him about the one true God that can save him from all evil. Tell him about the consequences if he doesn’t accept Him. Just tell him.
     
     Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to witness. Be a light. If you do get the amazing chance of seeing Tom Hiddleston face to face before you die, take that chance to save him. Don’t waste it by telling him about your Pinterest board that is dedicated to him. Don’t tell him about all of the fanfics that you have written about him/Loki in the dead of night. Don’t tell him every wondrous thing that you have done that might impress him…or scare him off…just saying.

You know why?

Because such an act is selfish.
     
     Love him, yes, tell him that you do. I bet he will feel wonderful. But most importantly, don’t forget to tell him how much more God loves him. You could save his life from a living hell...in Hell.
     
     And if he is saved, praise God! That means that I have written this three page Word document for nothing. Well, maybe not nothing. I guess that this post could be just what it’s titled.

Inspirational.
     
I really hope that this has touched your heart, just as it has touched mine. God bless. Be a light.

See you in Heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment